This recipe will make 12 portions so you can batch cook for lunches throughout the week. It’s wholesome and tasty and has plenty of protein and is suitable for vegetarians/vegans and of course everyone else!
- 8 shallots, finely sliced
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 chilli, deseeded, sliced or whole if you prefer less heat
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 x 400g tins butter beans
- 1.5 litres stock, add extra water if needed
- 1kg frozen peas
- 1kg frozen broad beans (Waitrose and M&S both sell these)
- 50/60g mint, roughly chopped (this is 2 largish bunches)
- Juice of half a lemon (used to taste at the end if needed)
- Fry shallots in olive oil, with a pinch of salt, over a medium heat until they soften – 10-12 mins
- Add crushed garlic and chilli – fry for 1/2 mins more
- Add white wine vinegar and raise the heat
- Add butter beans with their liquid – cook for another 2/3 mins
- Add stock, peas and broad beans – simmer for 5-7 mins
- Add mint
- Blitz in a pan until blended but not smooth, simmer for further 5 mins
- Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste and serve
- If you prefer less heat then use a whole chilli and remove it before blitzing.
You can easily make this a day in advance.
Enjoy! Let me know what you think!