Cannellini beans are wonderfully nutritious. They’re fat-free and an excellent source of fibre, folate, iron and magnesium and protein! Try this tasty and nutritious hummus recipe and let me know in the comments what you think!
- Infused the oil with 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 stem rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Twist of black pepper
- Put these ingredients in a small pan with a lid and heat gently for 5 minutes, then leave for at least 5 minutes.
- Mix the Hummus 1 x 400g can cannellini beans with 1 x tsp tahini
- Add the juice of half a lemon
- Now add the beans and tahini to a food processor with the oil and the garlic (remove the rosemary stalk and put it to one side) and blitz to a rough paste.
- Finally, add the lemon juice and blitz again.
- Try not to let it get too smooth.
- Decant the hummus into a serving bowl. Add the seeds 1/2 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp sunflower seeds
- 1/4 tsp Za’atar
- Drizzle olive oil
- Put the seeds in a dry frying pan with the rosemary stalks and stir gently until they start popping, now add the Za/atar and a tiny drizzle of olive oil, just enough to glaze the seeds.
- Stir again for a minute or so and sprinkle onto the hummus.
This adds beautifully to both the texture and the flavour and makes it look more appetising when serving.