- 2 medium purple beetroots
- 1 medium eating apple, I used a Braeburn
- 2 inches of cucumber
- A handful of fresh mint.
- French dressing
For the French Dressing – this will make extra but it keeps for ages
- 300 ml olive oil
- 100 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- I used the grater on my food processor, the larger one.
- Peel the beetroot and put through the grater.
- Quarter and core the apple and grate.
- Put the apple and beetroot in a bowl to serve.
- Now chop the cucumber, I put in about 2 inches of cucumber, put the knife down the cucumber to make quarters and then slice thinly.
- Take the mint, remove the tough part of the stalk and rip the leaves over the salad.
- Add the dressing and toss thoroughly making sure the ingredients are well mixed.